A strong online presence is quickly becoming an increasingly important component of a dentist’s overall marketing plan. Today’s modern patients research a dentist and the practice online before they ever pick up the phone call to make their first appointment. So how can a dentist set their practice apart from the competition? The foundation of a solid online strategy is having a well-designed website.
Ask yourself – how long ago was your dental practice website designed? Even if it was just 2-3 years ago, the online marketing world has changed so much, and so fast, that a good website a few years ago simply won’t cut it in 2013.
Don’t panic just yet. Check out the below checklist to help you get started in determining whether your dental practice may be due for a new website, or a website update.
- Is your logo prominent on your website, particularly the homepage?
- Does your website consistently communicate your practice’s brand through its look, feel and colors?
- Is there a blog featured on the website? If not, is it possible to incorporate a blog easily?
- Are social media links present on the website?
- Is the practice’s contact information prominently displayed?
For more tips and insight into dental practice website design, check out my recent guest blog for Sesame Communications.