Recent data suggests that Americans are becoming increasingly reliant on the Internet when making purchasing decisions, and that includes finding a dentist.
There are countless ways of updating your dental marketing plan with modern tactics, and it can understandably be overwhelming when trying to figure out where to start. Don’t worry – you don’t have to do everything all at once. Incremental steps can make it easier to implement while keeping your budget in check.
Here are 5 ways to an increasingly modern dental marketing plan:
- Updating your practice website – Your website = the foundation of your online strategy.
- Playing the SEO game – Increase your online visibility by making sure your website appears at or near the top of search engine results.
- Building social media profiles – Connect with your patients online by engaging on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and/or YouTube.
- Gathering patient testimonials – Ensure that potential patients get a positive first impression when they are researching your practice online.
- Blogging – Share the latest practice news and address frequently asked questions in order to stay in touch with patients year-round.
Taking the initiative now to update your marketing will keep you ahead of your competition as well as saving you from playing catch up later on.
Don’t forget – you don’t have to do this all on your own. Dental industry experts like Sesame Communcations and My Social Practice can help guide you in the right direction. And especially when it comes to website design and SEO, outsourcing is often your best bet. Updates to the search engine algorithms are frequent and can be confusing. Leave it to the professionals and get back to focusing on your main responsibility – your patients!